DietPoint – Health Recipes
Green Peas Nimona
- 1 1/2 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
- 1 black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato pulp
- salt to taste
- Coarsely mash the green peas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds, onions, bayleaf and cardamom and sauté over a medium flame for a 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green pea purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Raw Peanuts with shells 3 cups
- Chaat Masala 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea salt/kalanamak 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Amchur powder half tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted jeera powder 1 teaspoon
- Onion chopped 1 to sprinkle
- Tomato chopped 1 medium
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Pressure-cook the peanuts in 4 to 4.5cups of water with sea salt and turmeric powder for about four to five whistles. Drain let it cool and shell them.
- Take the peanuts in a bowl. Add salt, chaat masala, red chilli powder, amchur powder ,roasted cumin powder, onion, tomato, green chillies, coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix well.
Spinach Missi Roti
- 100 gm whole wheat flour
- 100gms besan (bengal gram flour)
- 50 gms chopped spinach (palak)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 big onion chopped
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 6″ diameter, using the flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
Fruit and Nut Smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 8 Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon chopped almonds plus raisns
- 1 Cup chilled milk
- 2 tbsp thick curd /yoghurt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
COUS COUS TABOULLEH (salad)
- Whole Wheat Couscous-1 cup
- Water-2 cups
- Cucumber-2 medium chopped
- Tomatoes-2 medium chopped
- Mint leaves-1cup chopped
- Flat leaf Parsl
- Lime juice 2tbsp
- Garlic-2 cloves-crushed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 10 ml
- Salt-to taste
- Pepper-1 tsp
- In a pot heat the water with a little salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the couscous,turn off the heat,mix it and cover it. Let it stand for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes fluff it with a fork.Your couscous is ready.
- In a large bowl add the Olive Oil, garlic,lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients and the Couscous and mix well. Check the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour. Serve chilled.
Palak and Green peas pulav
- 1 cup rice, cooked (rice should not be overcooked)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato optional
- 2 green chilli, slit length wise
- 1 cup palak pureed
- ¼ cup peas, fresh
- coriander powder
- salt to taste
- First, in wide pan, take a tsp of oil.
- Add chopped onions and green chilli. fry till they turn translucent.add tomato salt and coriander powder.
- Add pureed palak and cook for for a minute till there Is a change in its colour.
- Once the palak is cooked, add peas and fry till the peas are cooked.
- Add cooked rice and salt to taste.
- Mix well without breaking rice grains. cook for a minute.
- Serve palak pulao with raita or as it is.
- 1 cup kala channa-sprouted
- 1 cup moong daal-sprouted
- 1 cup rajmah
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves-chopped
- Green chillies-chopped to taste
- 1 cup onions-chopped fine
- 1 cup tomato-de-seeded and chopped fine
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds-roasted and ground
- Curd ½ cup
- Green coriander chutney 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve.
- You can vary the combinations according to your liking or choose only moong sprouts if you like.